B18A1+B16 tranny= HELP FAST!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hellbert

i would do a search instead of bothering yall about this but im in the middle of taking the motor BACK out of the CRX now swaping it to a manual tranny and i just dont have time to sit here and do it.

for the axles ive been told integra ones dont work civic ones dont work (both too long)...ive been told delsols work perfect. is this correct or is there another axle i should look for?

for the ECU...im flyin blind on that one i have no clue...should i just find a B18 ecu for a manual tranny? will any one for a B18 work?

what about the linkage? could i get a stock CRX linkage from a junk yard or will it be to short? is there one i could get from the yard that will put me at the right length?

i greatly appriciate any help, later

Axles - unless you have a Civic Standard (4 speed) or CRX HF the integra (90-93) axles will not work. Other wise they will. If you do in fact have an Standard or HF then swap on a set of Civic/CRX DX or Si hubs and use the 90-93 Integra axles...

ECU - OBD0 PR4 from a 90-91 Integra. If you need this and cant find it anywhere else, I have one... $45 shipped.

Linkages - the CRX's are no different than the Civics... the integras are too long... you have 2 choices, you can cut and reweld the integras or buy premade ones from Hasport... your call

Originally posted by brian11to1@Sep 3 2004, 07:25 PM
Axles - unless you have a Civic Standard (4 speed) or CRX HF the integra (90-93) axles will not work. Other wise they will. If you do in fact have an Standard or HF then swap on a set of Civic/CRX DX or Si hubs and use the 90-93 Integra axles...
[post=385890]Quoted post[/post]​

wooooooooooooooooeeeeeee hang on.........

they will not work in ALL years. trust me, been down this road long ago. You can try them, but they might bind. If you want to use integra axles, you might have to get teg hubs also. or buy SIR or aftermarket. other than that, i agree

matt

when you told me about the auto to manual thread you posted, i read it (or what is still on it its like some of it is cut out?) and it helped me get a lot of ideas on what im going to need to do so i give you props on that one!

what i didnt get to see on it was there is a wire that come off the front of the tranny that has 2 plugs at the end of it, they are single prong plugs, what are they for?

how hard would it be to talk you into holding on to the ECU for me incase i dont find one?

thanks a lot dude

The two wires coming from the tranny are most likely the reverse lights.

The ECU I dont give shit away, so if no one buys it between now and the time you need it, its yours

Originally posted by brian11to1@Sep 5 2004, 09:30 AM
The two wires coming from the tranny are most likely the reverse lights.

The ECU I dont give shit away, so if no one buys it between now and the time you need it, its yours
[post=386312]Quoted post[/post]​

alright sweet

one more question for the moment...on the auto tranny fly wheel there are some stupid like 12 star bolts that are like a half size...i tried standard and metric sockets but neither fit...what do i use?

19mm or 17mm (i forgot) 12 point socket for those bolts.

thats what i was thinking would do it was a 12 point socket but i dont have any so it looks like im headed to the sears! thanks bro, later

Originally posted by DTEC@Sep 5 2004, 12:19 PM
[post=386354]Quoted post[/post]​

14mm 12pt socket... on the flexplate...

BTW... The auto flywheel is not really called a flywheel, its called a flexplate... FYI y0...

Originally posted by brian11to1+Sep 5 2004, 07:00 PM-->
@Sep 5 2004, 12:19 PM
[post=386354]Quoted post[/post]​

14mm 12pt socket... on the flexplate...

BTW... The auto flywheel is not really called a flywheel, its called a flexplate... FYI y0...
[post=386465]Quoted post[/post]​

in my mizanual they call it a driveplate?

Back