1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B18A1 Block with a B20 Head

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by Bubbalewie, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Bubbalewie

Bubbalewie New Member

Alright so I am a first time builder when it comes to motors. I have a 1998 Civic LX Sedan. stock motor and everything. The block has been worked and bored 20 over, Not sure how to check to make sure it has been or not and the head has been worked and done. now It sits in my room completely disassembled. the head still has its lifters and springs but thats it. Now i need to know what next. Im building it to be turboed and need to know where I start. Cam, Pistons, and then what? I still have all the stock stuff that came with it as well. I am in the market for a GSR tranny. I have all the time in the world and money is a every paycheck kinda thing lol but any help would really work for me. I am not going to even drop this motor in until i have it ready to be put in started and tuned. So I plan on taking my sweet time.
    http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d127/Bubbalewie/0426082116.jpg
    http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d127/Bubbalewie/0426082116a.jpg
    http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d127/Bubbalewie/0426082117.jpg

2. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

What all has been done to the head?

3. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

well what is your hp goal,and what budget are you on??
    you can turbo a stock block and be fine with about 8-10 psi on a moderate sized turbo...bottom end is good for i think up to 250hp?

4. mikeyg323

mikeyg323 New Member

Just a question.. why a B20 head?

5. Bubbalewie

Bubbalewie New Member

So I looked over the motor and everything is completely stock on it. Nothing has been done to either parts. I apologize I wrote was I was told and posted the pictures i was given. I did not get to look at the motor with my own eyes till just recently. My budget is undetermined because i am not going to put this motor in the car until i have all the parts together and ready exactly how i want them. and I chose the B20 head because thats what i was given. This motor was given to me from a friend who went from a honda to a truck so he said here have a motor.

6. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

I'd probably look into a port n' polish job on the head. The LS/B20 heads don't flow very well compared to their VTEC counterparts. Aside from that, if you really want to be safe then I'd probably look towards forged internals. What are your power goals exactly?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted