1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B18A1 Crx, we went to the strip!

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by phyregod, Jul 10, 2005.

1. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

Well, I got my swap finished, put about 400 miles on it and took it racing.

I am damned to running 1/8th mile, because that is all I have around here, hell I have to drive an hour and a half to get to it.

Anyway, I was somewhat pleased, somewhat displeased. First off, it wasnt much fun that night, because it was an open night, and usually has a good mix of people to race.. top fuelers can find several other top fuelers to race... Hell, I wouldnt be surprised to see two geos lined up.

Anyway, there were only like 5 street cars there, and the rest were all out trailered dragsters.. and the five stockers were three slow azz pickups, me, and another crx. A friend of mine. (who, by the way, ended up in jail later that night for street racing)

On with the friggin good stuff already, eh?

I usually run pretty consistant 10.5 with the si motor. The fastest I'd run to date was a 10.37. But now I have the b swap in and ready to go.

I ran a 9.9 second 1/8th at 70mph... not too bad. I had old cracked dried out street tires and steelies on the car, and that was KILLING me. If I had stickier tires, I think I would have been around 9.75/9.6 We'll see next time!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted