b18a1 crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

driveordie

i just got a crx for a killer deal $175 and found out today that it has the b18a1 swap in it. but doen't start. so i did a little research on the swap and some of the parts i can see. so far i have found a b18a1 engine, no map sensor, a crx si distributor and i'm asumming either a 90-91 integra obd0 ecu or the oem crx si ecu. will the ecu-distributor combo work if the car had a map sensor even though the motor was obd1? how well would it work? if i add the ecu/dis adapter harness and sub harness from rywire would it run better with the 93 integra ls obd1 dis and ecu? and last question i have it i can get the td-46u (93 obd1 integra ls distributor) for a cheap price and i have the ecu from a wrecked integra type r, are these two compatable and would it give me any hp gain? suggestions are welcome, please help, i realy need to get this car to run!

one you need a map. It will run but I wouldnt try. You can use the crx ecu but yes it would be better to go with a integra ecu. Next the type r ecu wont work unless you convert the car to an newer obd. And run vtec. Also yes you can use the obd1 integra ls distributor but youll have to cut the harness and wire it up. Its cheaper to stay with a obd-o ecu. Last dose the motor even turn over? Cant tell ya whats wrong with out details.

Back