b18a1 fuel problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Okay, i may have confused a few people. Ill start over lol. Ive had this motor in my car for about 6 months. About 2 weeks ago i removed the head and intake. I changed every gasket from the head gasket up. EVERYTHING. I put everything back together and it ran fine. Hardest it has ever ran. About a week ago, the car started to act weird after it would warm up. It would go into "save-mode", sound like a subaru and throw code 43 (fuel system supply) i found this out by checking the light on the ecu. 4 solid red lights, 3 blinks...43 so i mess with everthin that deals with fuel system. Then 43 was gone and now it is 16 (injectors). So i changed the injectors and the resistor box. Same thing, 16 and subaru. Its blows white smoke like crazy. I did a compression test last night. cyl. 1= 180, cyl 2= 150, cyl 3= 180, cyl 4= 180. That right there shows something else is wrong. So i took the head off and the 2 exaust valves are ugly but dont look burnt. I have a feeling that when i remove the valves those 2 are going to be bad on the top of the valves. Like they were stuck open. the antifreeze dindt have oil in it and there was a good amount of oil in the pan. Keep in mind, i just redid a lot of stuff 2 weeks ago. I just took a spare head i had to a local machin shop to get it shaved and a nice p-n-p. Im pretty sure i found the problem with the valves. If im wrong, let me know. Im doin project bottem in that is almost done. good thing this isnt my dd or id be fucked. thanks for everyones help, get back to me.

-Carl-

Last edited:
Back