b18a1 full swap / b18 c1- gsr head..Need help!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Aparra653

First let me start off that I have a ek. I bought a b18a1(non-vtec) full swap. Then I decided to get b18c1 head (vtec) with Brian crower goodies.I want torque and power, so My questions are:
-Should I get I get the Ls/vtec conversion kit?
- When I get the headers & intake manifold do I search for example (skunk2 intake manifold for b18c1) and ( headers for a b18a1).
- What brand other than Skunk2 torque and power is great but a little cheaper?
- Should I get different pistons and rods?
This is my first swap. So I am kind of confused about things. Lately,I been reading slot about this swap and I feel like me doing this by myself is going to be difficult.
please help, and thank you

If you have the money to put into it, then go with forged pistons and eagle rods, crower cams, ferrea valve job, and as for the intake/headers, you get the intake and headers for the head you have, which in your case you would get intake and headers for the b18c1, since they both bolt to the head, not the block. I also believe you will need the timing belt for the b18a1 if you use the b18c1 head, but i could be wrong on that part. As for the ls/vtec conversion i dont know, i havent seen those yet, i used Ryewire's conversion harnesses to wire up vtec.

They are valves....not a valve job.

I would worry mostly about the bottom end. You need ARP head studs and rod bolts. If you wanna rev it higher than 7200-7500rpm's....I would rebuild with pistons and rods made the handle the revs (new bearings too). That VTEC head will make power past what the bottom end wants to handle (rpm wise). Cheaper way is new bearings....honed for rebuild P30 pistons and just have the B18A rods shot peened (all ARP hardware still).

The top end can be done at your leisure. All OEM B18C1 parts would be fine to start out with (although I would prefer to have the head checked/cleaned/valve job (or new valves). If you run Brian Crower stg2 (or higher) camshafts...you need (at least) aftermarket valve springs/retainers/keepers.

Good Luck, man. Look into threads on this type of build. Lots of good info if you can filter it all out.

Oh, i know that with the valves. My head is super clean. All i did to the head was put brian crower valves springs and retainers. Now for the pistons? Wiseco or CP or Eagle?. Also with the pistons i get confused with the ratio? Bearings what brand name is good and wont let me down.

Back