B18a1 help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sparky09

ok i have a b18a1 in my 94 civic the person i bought it from threw a rod i bought it as i rebuild. It has 16 pistons, dual crower cams, type-r trans, skunk 2 throttle body, a b20 head, stage 2 racing clutch, short throw shifter, AFC, pro series intake. thats what he told me didnt say any specifics. but i cant find a b18a block anyware wondering if those parts would fit on a b18b or c block??? and what size pistons do i need???

16 pistons?!?!?!? WTF!!!
the b18b is the exact same except its obd1.. any standard size bseries pistons will fit in any bseries block..
and the pistons will fit in any bseries block as well..

ok casue i wanna keep it non-vetech so if i buy a b18b block and b16b piston casue the dude i bought it from said the b16 pistons runner higher compresion it will work out???

oh its got p30 pistons...hell yea those are a good combo in an ls block..

ya he didnt tell me much so they mite be 30 pistons i no its a b18a1 non-vetc and i wanna keep it nom vetc jusy casue of the fact that everyone these days runs vetec. so wat should i buy for a block and wat for pistons would be the best???

they will say if they are b16s right on the top should say p30..those would be the best pistons to put in an ls block if your going to stay all motor..if you dont wanna go vtec then buy a b18a1 or b18b1 block

ok ya i just went and looked and it does say p30. so what do u mean all motor??? and what would be the difference between a b18a and b18b???

b18a is obd0 and b18b is obd1...unless you get a b18a1 from a 92-93 integra then its obd1...
but they are the same...
and all motor means no spray no turbo

if the block threw a rod it doesnt matter its junk..you can get any b18a1 or b18b1 block

ok so i have a B18A1 block right now since its shot get either a B18A1 or B18B1 block and p30 pistons and just a stock ls head???

thats what i would do..but you said you already have the p30's...so get the block and put the pistons in it with an ls head and you should be set

well no i dont have them yet thats just wat was is the engien i pulled out with the hole in it from the rod that shot threw it. im just wanna make it as fast as i can with just motor and still be non-vtech and stil be able ti use all that parts i have already.

ya he didnt tell me much so they mite be 30 pistons i no its a b18a1 non-vetc and i wanna keep it nom vetc jusy casue of the fact that everyone these days runs vetec. so wat should i buy for a block and wat for pistons would be the best???
So you want less power because everyone these days wants more power out of their vehicle? I'd go LS/VTEC or a natural VTEC engine, B16A, B18 GSR but stay in the B-series because you have everything else to go with it.

b18 if your staying nonvtec and want to use standard size pistons..

Back