1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B18A1 in 5g?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by SuperCX94, Sep 16, 2003.

1. SuperCX94

SuperCX94 Junior Member

Help! I can get a wrecked '92 integra for 800 dollars. I can use the seats, the rear discs, and the B18A1 inside. However, here are the problems I need help w/!

1. It has an auto tranny, my tranny is a 5 speed. Will the block from the b18 match w/ my tranny from my D series?

2. If the block doesn't match the tranny, what are the chances of a B18 head swap onto the D block? (The pistons are already forged for 16 valve heads, so no body give me any gripes that a sixteen valve won't work for that reason.)

I can sell the rest of the car to afford the manual tranny, but, why? I can rebuild the engine or do the swap myself IF it can be done...nothing wrong w/ saving money right?

Thanks!

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

1) No, the tranny won't fit, you need a hydraulic B series tranny.

2) One is a SOHC D series and a the other is a DOHC B series different set ups

3. saturn_boy96

saturn_boy96 88 C1V1C 53D4N DR1V3R

just do the swap and sell your d-series to help get the money for a hydro ls tranny

4. delslow-as-shyt

delslow-as-shyt Junior Member

just put the d series in the acura and sell to a stupid kid who has no i dea about enigine or cars.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted