B18A1 in 89 Civic DX Hatchback

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EFB18A1

I was just wondering if anybody did a similar swap. I just got the car and got the complete 90' Integra LS for it. I know I'll need the hubs and B-series motor mounts but I was just wondered if I had to get a Si tranny or can I use the stock LS tranny on the car.

if the car is a DX and not STD, you don't need to swap hubs - you need the B-series cable transmission (like the stock LS) and 90-93 integra axles, mounts, ECU and shift linkage - you will also need to do the DPFI to MPFI wiring changes using your DX engine harness

the guy that's helping me do the swap said I would need the Si hubs and I'm not sure if I need the Si tranny.

Anyways if anyone did the same swap please tell me the steps I need to go through to do the swap. I don't want to mess up on anything and end up having to do hella stuff over again. It'll be nice if you give me a list of exact parts I should have for the swap.

if the car is a DX and not STD, you don't need to swap hubs - you need the B-series cable transmission (like the stock LS) and 90-93 integra axles, mounts, ECU and shift linkage - you will also need to do the DPFI to MPFI wiring changes using your DX engine harness

... you need the following stuff to do the swap, if you have the engine, ecu and transmition already.

> motor mounts
>90-93 integra axles
>wiring harness
>shift linkage

... the rest is up to you on how nice you want your set-up to be... :D

i have a 88 HB/ B18a1, and its a blast. :p

Originally posted by EFB18A1@Jan 6 2004, 12:50 AM
the guy that's helping me do the swap said I would need the Si hubs and I'm not sure if I need the Si tranny.

Si and DX hubs are the same - STD is different - the transmission has to be a B-series to fit the B18 engine

he also could have a zc engine, what does the stamping on the block say? thats the easiest way to tell. Was the motor in another car before you bought it? If so what year? Just makes me wonder since the guy told you to use an si tranny.
Joe

The engine is from a 90 Integra LS. Although he also told me something about the resister pack? Does anyone know anything about that?

your DX (like mine was) is DPFI (dual point fuel injection) the B18 is MPFI (multi point fuel injection) to change this you need an MPFI resistor box. and the Si tranny will not fit onto the LS engine.

and not to sound like an ass :readfaq:

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but I was just wondering if I wanted to turbocharge the B18A would I have to do any thing to reinforce the motor and if I was planning to use a Garret T25 turbo off a Eclipse or Talon where would I get the manifold and pipings. Any information would be greatly appreciate.

I think the garret t25 uses the standard T3 flange right? NOt sure just getting into turbo's here. But go to either RevHard.com or Lovefab.com....and to educate you on motors and turbos and such go to howitworks.com and read up.

This is considering the turbo application, you would be safe to use the T25 on the stock block, but i wouldn't go over 10 - 12 psi, i ran a SIHC ZC at 15 for a while, unhooked the wastegate (got around 30 psi) and blew my 3rd cylinder wall in half literaly... If you really want to run around 15 - 20 psi i would AT LEAST get a block gaurd....

so what you are saying is I would probably be able to only boost with 10lbs of boost at max without doing harm to the motor?

Yea, you should be safe w/ 10 psi, but thats all I can be sure of... I say boost it 10 psi and you will be fine, btw anyone know where i can get a b series tranny w/ LSD?????

Back