b18a1 in 90 civic 4d

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dsrq

I want to swap a b18a1 from a teg 92 in a civic 90, i have the part to do it, i mean , drive shaft, tranny, factory mountings, the engine , wires, and ecu. I know that the swap is not so complicated to accomplish, but i dont know by where to start working, the car is completely in parts, But what i have to do :blink: , to make the engine fit perfectly at the right place? Im just worry abouy dropping the engine in it to more left,, or to more right because drive shaft will no fit correctly.. thx :unsure:

You will have to get aftermarket shift linkage and mounts, and you may still have to notch the firewall and drivers side strut tower to allow the alternator pulley to fit....

you also have to change OBD's. 92+ are OBD-1, 91 and older are OBD-0... there are conversions for this. You also have to wire for MPFI...

listen man
this a list of parts and labor
(1)motor mount kit
(2)get some one to do your wireharness,because you have to convert it to fuel in jection
(3)shift linkage
(4)ls intake manifold

get the mounts, the ecu, resistor box, all that. if you already have, you will have to take a big hammer to the car, and push in the engine bay a bit, to allow for the alternator pulley to fit. wiring can be tricky. make sure u know what your doing. or you'll be going back and wondering what you did wrong. its a headache. swap is pretty easy. just put it all together. read up on the swap on some sites. good luck

Back