B18A1 In 93 Civic coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Mike_995

Hello I was wondering what axels, and motor mounts I would have to use. I am looking at a smashed up 92-93 Integra, im pretty sure it has the B18A1, Ill probably get the whole car for cheap. It would have a 40 Hp advantage over my D15B7 which would be quite a jump. If it doesnt have the B18A1 It will have the B17A1, which probably isnt any harder to swap. Also will the stock clutch pedals in my civic bolt up fine to the cable tranny ?

Last edited:
Hello I was wondering what axels, and motor mounts I would have to use. I am looking at a smashed up 92-93 Integra, im pretty sure it has the B18A1, Ill probably get the whole car for cheap. It would have a 40 Hp advantage over my D15B7 which would be quite a jump. If it doesnt have the B18A1 It will have the B17A1, which probably isnt any harder to swap. Also will the stock clutch pedals in my civic bolt up fine to the cable tranny ?

The clutch will be a problem. I recommend selling the cable transmission and getting a hydro b series transmission. That is what you will need to do. Then you would need axles for a 94-00 manual integra and the half shaft also. Its your choice of what mounts to buy, but i recommend a aftermarket kit. Since used motor mounts are usually junk anyways!! Here is a couple different sites to get the mounts you need Innovative Mounts - Product Info Hasport Billet Mounts, The Original.
I guess that both of these companies also sell mount kits for the cable transmisson you have with some conversion pieces that make it all work. I have not personally used one but that is a option if you dont want to get a different transmission. Just make sure if you buy a clutch that its for the right transmission because the cable and hydro clutches are different. Here are the mount kits to buy if you want to keep cable transmission Hasport Billet Mounts
Innovative Mounts - Product Info

I guess that second kit only includes one mount not all that are needed. If you want to keep the cable transmission go with that hasport kit since it includes ALL needed mounts. Good luck!!

I talked to the guy, he wants 800 for the whole car, im not sure if its worth it. Comes with 2 sets of tires, the engine has a new timing belt, new rad. And supposedly only has 100000 Km's on it.

Thats not to bad of a price, maybe you can talk him down some. You can always part out what you dont need, if there is any good parts left. You could make some of your money back that way.

My headgasket just blew, which is like the 4th one that this D15B7 has gone through, there must be a block problem that isnt visible. I am most likely going to get that engine. My question is, will I be able to use the axels out of the integra, I know I need 94+ integra mounts, but can i use the axels if I use the stock cable transmission.

Yes, you use the integra DA cable transmission with the same axles. You use 94-00 integra axles when you use a new hydralic transmission. The same principle applies to the half shaft, dont forget that.

Back