B18a1 in a CRX, WONT START........

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CReX123

I have a B18a1 motor in a crx and it wont start. I replaced the Distributor with a brand new one thinking the motor had no spark and that was the problem, But still no spark. I noticed my wiring harness is missing the wire that goes to the distribution block and the battery, But i have a thick Gauge wire going from the battery to the distribution block. Is this the problem???? DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR ME????? Please Help, I would like to get this thing started up this week. THANKS

Check your ignitor, and coil. If you replaced the distributor, make sure your timing is right.

even if my timing is off, Shouldnt there be some sort of spark????? I tried taking out one of the plugs out of the distributor and putting right next to it and No Spark. Also tried putting a screwdriver in the end of one of the wires, and still no spark. So for some reason theres no spark. Frustrating :angry:

Hsve you replaced your spark plug wires, because if they were bent at some point or other, a kink can affect the spark, I had this problem, I replaced them and it worked.

Brand new Wires....... Im baffled at the moment, But im going to check on all the power and ground wires and fuses as soon as i get home. THANKS

Did I mention that i Bought a Brand Spankin New Distributor, So it cant be anything to do with the distributor.

stupid question but have to ask. is the distributor pluged in?

then is your firing order correct (are the wires going to the correct plug)? since you changed you wires.

check if your distributer is getting voltage.

Check the ignitor and coil like 92b16vx and ktanaka have said...once you've done that come back to us with the results...

UnlimitedEK9

Igniter and Coil are part of the distributor, Correct?? If so, BRAND NEW distributor so it is all fine.

what model is your crx? did you have to convert your car to mpfi? if so, there are two white wires on the distributor harness that could easily get mixed up.

sounds like u have no power to your fuel pump, i had the same people. if u check the fuse box located on the driver's side. it should read altenator valve. check to see if it is blown (the fuse). or just replace it with a new fuse. if this fuse is blown then u get no power to the fuel pump, meaning that you will not get any spark at. check this if it works then make sure u have a reciept to take yo shit back!!

Back