b18a1 into 88 crx si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JODYG35950

I have a 1988 crx si car with 88-91 body and frame, but has 87 model wiring in it. What do I need to do to make this swap work? I made my own ECU harness with the plugs out of the teg i got the motor from. There are about 9 wires from the original ecu plugs that do not go directly to the motor, so i need to find out where the actually go or if there is an easier way to do this.

I don't think it is possible for you to have 87 wiring. the early 88 ECUs had 87 stamped on the side but that was just date of manufacture. Fit your Si's stock harness onto the LS and plug it in. Chipped 90-91 PM6 or stock 90-91 PR4 and you are done.

I don't know. the car was manufactured in feb of 88. the harness for the engine mactches that of an 89 teg d16. the b18a1 will not plug in to the factory crx harness. i will try to swap harnesses, thank you for the info.

Oh I forgot.
The 88s have different shape plugs on the distributor connectors.
You'll have to repin these two connectors, and that's it. Anything else that doesn't work should be a matter of extending wires so they go to where they need to.

i have an 88 crx si...teh differences i have noticed with wiring are the square plug next to the resistor plugs instead of a round one and there is 1 less sensor on teh intake manifold.

a ls motor should be a easy swap with little wiring.I have a friend that has an ls in his crx and its an 88 and he said he didnt have to wire anything. If the distributer is the problem use your crx one then you shouldnt have to wire anything if it is an si model. the crx distributers bolt up to da integra motors.

Back