1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b18a1 into 91 civic 4 dr.

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by lickety_slickjj, Jan 3, 2006.

1. lickety_slickjj

lickety_slickjj Junior Member

ok, i have a b18 a1, i am putting it into my 91 civic 4 dr., my old motor was a zc dpfi 1.6. i got a new ecu from a 90 integra,same year as the motor and also rs. i bought a harness for a 90 integra 1.8. i also bought new motor mounts from innovative mounts.i am confused about my harness hooking up to my old wiring from my ecu,do i have to get all integra wiring from ecu all the way out to the engine? also, i got both side mounts on for the mounts, but not sure about the third one,do i put it in the front of motor or the back,if the back, where? on the zc,there is a bracket that comes off the tranny for the rear mount that is on the car.on the b18a1 there is no bracket,or no place to put the bracket? what do i do?? and if needed, can i use the tranny from the sohc zc for the b18a1?

someone please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????

2. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

dont use the harness from teh integra. you dont need to. use the stock harness from teh car, modify it to work with the ls.

as far as mounts. you have 2 side mounts nad a rear moutn. if you dont have the l bracket, get one.

no, you can not use hte tranny from the sohc.

and since you were lazy. i searched for you. RESULTS

3. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

and to add, I'd love to see pics of your " 1.6 DPFI ZC" [​IMG]

4. lickety_slickjj

it isn't the ls motor. and i don't have the back mount bracket, where can i get one? and i have no idea how to convert my harness to work with the b18a1? i have pics, but not sure how to put them on this forum? confused about the url's for the pics. this swap is making me crazy!! i thought i had everything ready from the research i did but obviously not!!!!!!!!! i appreciate any help, and if any one is interested in the zc motor, let me know,i am trying to get rid of it.
    thanks-much, john johnson

5. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

w/dpfi you add the additional 2 injectors by wiring them in. you will need the injector resisitor box as well.

where to get hte mount bracket, ebay, junkyards, search on here, search inlinefour.com...

6. lickety_slickjj

how do you wire the injectors in? and no junkyards around here have integras, they are all gone! but i may have found a bracket. also, the brackets for the bottom of tranny,i don't have them, so is it ok to run without them till i do get them?

7. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

click my ebay link.

go here for help with wiring - http://ef-honda.com/ben click tech

http://www.ef-honda.com/ben/EFwiring.php

hope that helps.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted