B18a1 Into 93 Hb Cx Question?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dwn2low

Ok,
I have the CX motor pulled out and the b18 sitting on my hoist being cleaned out and ready to put it. I pulled my AC and all the hoses out as well. What i'm trying to figure out now is What linkage do I need? Does it need to be modified or just bolt right up? Will the d-series starter fit or do i need another starter? What radiator hoses do I need and what axeles? Thanks in advance.
Mark

what tranny are you planning to use?

what year is the B18A1? more importantly is it OBD-1

you need a 3rd gen integra linkage (not sure if 2nd gen will work... dont think so)
use the radiator hoses for a del sol VTEC
axles for an integra

I am using the cable tranny and already have the conversion kit on it. It was easy and quick. So any integra axel or do i need a certain year? What year linkage do I need. The engine is the 92-93 obd1 b18a1.
Mark

94+ axles teg/del sol vtec / 99-00 civic si
94+ teg linkage

Depends on the halfshaft you're using.

s3ec4e6b3bc2c8.jpg

The top one is a 92+ civic siRII,the same as the 94+ teg (double male).The bottom one is a D16Z5 or DOHC ZC one,but it has the same female joint (towards tire) as the 90-93 teg axles.If you have the 90-93 teg halfshaft,you have to use the 90-93 teg axle.

I got the bottom one so I have to use the 90-93 teg axels right? Then use the del sol SI radiator hoses, and the 94+ teg linkage. Is there any modification needed to use the linkage?
Mark

Originally posted by dwn2low@May 16 2003, 08:03 PM
I got the bottom one so I have to use the 90-93 teg axels right? Then use the del sol SI radiator hoses, and the 94+ teg linkage. Is there any modification needed to use the linkage?
Mark

Yes 90-93 teg axles,yes Delsol hoses,yes 94+ shiftlinkage,no modification. :)

Hey,
Thanks
you have been alot of help. Just 2 more questions. Can I use the starter from the d-series or do i need a Bseries starter.? The rear bracket that hooks to the rear mount can i use the civic one or do i have to use the b18a1 bracket
Tnx
Mark

Can I use the starter from the d-series or do i need a Bseries starter.?

Not sure

The rear bracket that hooks to the rear mount can i use the civic one or do i have to use the b18a1 bracket

I'm pretty sure you can use the civic's,I did for the B16,buuut.....

Back