B18A1 INTO 94 CX HATCH...need some help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

htxhatch

the slow red hatch
So i recently pulled the single cam out of my hatch...and i am ready to drop my b18a1 into it

i have already converted it to obd1 "dizzy p75 ecu etc etc"
i have the dc2 driver side and rear mount ready to go in

the only thing i am worried about is the clutch...i know its a cable clutch, and the transmission i am going to be using is hyrdo, i have read so much stuff the past 48 hours i have confused myself

so what i am asking is what do i need to do in order to use my tranny with this swap "do i just replace the clutch with a 94 and up hyrdo or what??... dont know if it helps but i am using a b16 trans with lsd took me a while to find it so i will do everything in my power to make sure it gets used

also what axles to use??

thanks

Im not sure but you said the car currently has a cable type clutch?? If thats the case they make a cable to hydrolic conversion kit. I kind of thought that year civic would have a hydro clutch already??

Im not sure but you said the car currently has a cable type clutch?? If thats the case they make a cable to hydrolic conversion kit. I kind of thought that year civic would have a hydro clutch already??

no the motor has a cable clutch...the hatch came with a hydro clutch

this whole thing is confusing the hell out of me sorry

Last edited:
this is really confusing because i talk to person A and they say "all you need to do is replace the cable clutch with a hyrdo clutch from a 94-2000 ls"...then person B says "you need to run a b16 clutch"

i just dont want to end up spending money that doesnt need to be spent...

its a hydro transmission there talking about not hydro cable clutch, although
there is a difference between a clutch that goes into a hydro trans, compared to a cable trans. b series 88-93 uses a different clutch then b series 94-01, u can interchange trannies using a conversion kit but not worth it, make sure your tranny is from 94 up, and your clutch is 94 up and youll be ok.

Back