B18A1 into a '89 Prelude si?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

WOW.
You sound like a narcisist Prelude driver...let me guess...you own an Accord with an H22? do you call yourself, "ACCLUDE?" or "PRECORD?"
I made a simple mistake in spelling.
I was excited to find a new site.
WOW.

...and get a CRX?
<Hangs head down, frowns and thinks, "even on boards i think are cool and calm, i still find cynical people all over.">

...and you own an Accord.
Dont act like you OWN a real, HONDA PRELUDE.

yikes....anyway. no i do not call my car a precord, acclude or what ever someone may want to all it. and congrats on reading my signature. yes i drive a 94 accord. i chose it on looks and possibilities of modifications (dont care for the preludes until 97 and wanted to stay obdI). h22 obviously goes straight in...logical choice...because the TQ is what gets the car moving (amazing i knew that huh). i guess i didnt realize that the 3rd gen ludes were such pigs.

my post about the crx...they are light, you can make any common honda motor go right in (b16,b18,h22 etc etc etc). there is more than enough info out there to get someone started. didnt mean to affend all of you prelude owners.

i dont want to be a prelude owner...i dont want a REAL prelude. I couldn't care less which car the h22 would have came out of...i liked the tq, hp, and potential so that is what i bought. im probably not the noob you think i am.

It's all gravy man.
No beef. I guess i was out of line there...

:::OFF TOPIC:::
Do you have a link of your car pics? Im curious to see them bro. ;)

Some better direction for you!

Let me enlighten you a little on your 3rd Gen Lude.

The only engine worth swapping into your Lude is the H22. All other B series motors are much harder to make work into the low profile chassis of our 3rd gens.

For more power you will either want to Turbo Charge it, or swap the H22 into your car.

Let me help you with some info that I put together:

This is what I was able to have produced for our cars. The H22 Billet Mount kit

Produced by www.azracemachine.com

Please note this is the project car, and is still under construction, we took care of the clearance issues, but you will need to be considerate of how low you will drop your car. We are still working on the Powersteering, and A/C brackets.

Related links:
**Long H22 Swap Write-up**

H22 Write up**

**Another H22 write up**

Rear Mount
AZH22Rear01.jpg

Tranny mount 1
AZH22Trans1.jpg

Tranny mount 2
AZH22Trans2.jpg

Tranny mount 3
AZH22Trans3.jpg

Tranny mount 4
AZH22Trans4.jpg

Driverside 1
AZH22Driver01.jpg

Driverside 2
AZH22Driver02.jpg

EngineBay.jpg

EngineBay2.jpg

GroundClearance5.jpg

GroundClearance3.jpg

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

Sean

Back