b18a1 into a 91crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18crxboy

i have a 91 crx hf and i plan on putting the b18 into it i already have the motor im just wondering if i will have to buy aftermarket axles or can i use other ones? also i know im gonna need to buy mounts is there anything else im gonna need thats after market or can i just use the stuff off the teg and crx

You can use the b18 axles.I think you might have to change hubs on the HF but not 100% sure.Yes you need mounts but you also need to either buy a premade linkage for a b-series EF or you can cut the b18 linkage 2 3/8" and reweld it.

you will need the hubs off the teg the hf ones are diffrent and will not work. for the lincage go to any welding shop and get it welded unless you know how to weld pretty good ( i took mine to a machine shop and it woks pretty good) get the axels off the teg and the half shaft.

Last edited:
you'll also have to modify your exhaust manifold, as it's too long to bolt up with the cat.

i also have a 91 crx and i'm swapping a b18a1 into it and i have everything. i was just wondering if i could use the mounts off the teg and reweld them to my crx and also if the teg computer will just plug and play with my stock harness or if i need the harness off the teg?

okay thanks i found the mounts and now i need to get the axles and the linkagc cuz i just had the motor not the whole teg

i also have a 91 crx and i'm swapping a b18a1 into it and i have everything. i was just wondering if i could use the mounts off the teg and reweld them to my crx and also if the teg computer will just plug and play with my stock harness or if i need the harness off the teg?
I guess you could use the mounts from the integra but its gonna take alot of modifying to make them work.You can find some cheap mounts for like $100 online and save time and work better.You can just use your stock HF harness for the ecu also.

i have a 91 crx si and i am also doing a ls swap. i just dropped the motor into place and i am having trouble with the driver side motor mount lining up. what could cause that? if anyone knows or has an idea please let me know the info will be appreciated. thanks

b18 swap

I also am swapping a b18 into a 91 crx, but the tranny on the motor is hydraulic. Is that a problem? and what do i need to fix it. PLEASE help:confused:

D16A9 From '89 CRX to '91 Civic?

My mates engine has calved in his 1.4 carb civic. What problems would i run into when using a crx for the conversion? what parts would need transfered?
The crx has a d16a9 lump wiv efi and civic just old school carb. its a 1.4

Also, I dont understand all the types of wiring, obd1 etc. could anyone explain that?
Cheers!!

Neil.

Pm me with whatever questions you have. I just finished the exact same swap into the exact same model crx. I have no problems at all. No CEL, nothing weird at all. SO hit me up and do it right the first time thru.

Ok it sounds like alot of B18a swap questions are floating around in this thread, Pm me and ill tell ya what i know. I have my swap done, and did it all myself, i can be of more help to most of you than anyone else on here.

Back