B18A1 into a 94 del sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

delMar

OK, the 1.5 non-VTEC wasn't doin it for me anymore. I went out bought a 93 B18A1 block, head, manifolds and wiring harness off a automatic. bought the cable tranny, ACT stage II cluch and 12.5lb flywheel, Axles, Walbro 255LPH fuel pump, and the Hasport motormounts + hydo-to-cable conversion. I know i'm still going to have to get the shift linkage and radiator hoses and stuff like that.
Just curious if anyone has done it before and could tell me how hard it's going to be to put in myself and offer any tips.

With the cable to hydraulic conversion, and it being a OBD I 93, it should be the same as any other B series swap, just a couple extra steps.

The shiftlinkage you have to get from a Del Sol vtec (w/ B16A3) and same for the radiator hoses..

Should the wiring harness just clip right in? I bought a P75 ECU, but everywhere online it says I should be using a PR4. In addition, does the linkage have to be out of a B16A3 or can it be from any B16A? Becuase the chances of me finding a linkage out of a VTECH del Sol are very unlikely. Thanks 92B16vx, I think one of the radiator hoses has to come from a 90 integra + i have to get a Throttle cable out of a 94+

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Jul 2 2004, 12:59 PM
i thought the b18a1 was obd 0...

B18A1 was in till 93, then they switched to hydraulic tranny and the B18B1.

Originally posted by delMar@Jul 2 2004, 10:20 AM
Should the wiring harness just clip right in? I bought a P75 ECU, but everywhere online it says I should be using a PR4. In addition, does the linkage have to be out of a B16A3 or can it be from any B16A? Becuase the chances of me finding a linkage out of a VTECH del Sol are very unlikely. Thanks 92B16vx, I think one of the radiator hoses has to come from a 90 integra + i have to get a Throttle cable out of a 94+

You can use either a PR4 from a 92-93 Integra or a P75 from a 94-95 Integra.

I just got my axles in and they don't look like they're are going to fit. they're both the same size. my friend was telling me something about a 1/2 shaft that bolts onto the tranny to lenghen one of the sides? can anybody tell meif that is what i have to get and what it entails in installation. Thanks :D

Yea, B series motors use a halfshaft, do your axles both have male ends, or is one a female?

I believe both axles are male; thats how it should be, right?

Back