B18A1 into a 99 Civic LX.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GLV08

Hey guys, I have a few questions about this little project of mine. I got the b18a1 (PR4) from a buddy for 10 bucks (lol) and im in the process of rebuilding it however, I've been trying to figure out exactly how tough it is to swap this in to a 99 civic lx with no success. Now I know that the motor is OBD0 and the car is OBD2 but is it a big process in order to convert the car or motor to its respective OBD "year"? Also, which would be the least complicated? Parts needed?
!NEWB QUESTION ALERT!
If i used a b18b head would that solve some of the headache?
What other parts are needed for the swap?

One more question =), the b18 that i have now has a cable transmisson (i think from the year it came out of part code wise PR4) Would it be ok to swap it for a hydro from a later model b series?

Thanks for all the help in advance!

Ahhh well I guess that doesnt really help my wiring dillema. Anyone know if they make an OBD2 wiring harness to obd0? Obds are so confusing to convert.... PLEASE HELP!!! lol

hello i am about to attempt something like this in the next few months. i got a 99 civic hatch for $100 how ever it has been overheated a few times, along with the previous owner went to do a compression test and had a fitting get stuck in the head. well he mangled the spark plug tube beyond repair. however ill be getting my old 90 integra da back from the in-laws before too long. They ended up letting the body rot away. otherwise i would just make it my project. Anyway the civic is an auto and the teg is manual. so plan is to switch wire harness and everything out of the integra to the civic though i'm still not quite sure if ill need anything else other than an bracket for the clutch cable and hours of labor? any help would be appreciated. stir up an old thread

Back