b18a1 parts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18civic1013

does anyone know where to buy good quality parts for a b18, not abey either: things like bearings, pistons, and stuff like that i know where to get cams and stuff but can't find some parts i want

you can use honda bearings but those are a bit expensive (700.00) I haven't had any experience with clevite bearings but I have heard they make a good product. what kind of pistons are you looking for forged? or just replacements?

when I was doing my rebuild I called acura of fife and the guy in parts told me something like 720.00 for main and rod bearings alone, and I almost shit my pants.

clevite makes good bearings. SURF THE NET you might find something cheaper. As far as piston it all depends on the compression you want i used to have b16 pr3's in my ls block

Quoted post[/post]]
when I was doing my rebuild I called acura of fife and the guy in parts told me something like 720.00 for main and rod bearings alone, and I almost shit my pants.

Rod 11.92 * 8 = $95.36
Crank 12.34 * 10 = $123.4

no where close to $700, the guy in parts mustve been an idiot.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Rod 11.92 * 8 = $95.36

Honda and Acura parts counter guys I have run into have almost always been total highschool dropouts.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Rod 11.92 * 8 = $95.36

Honda and Acura parts counter guys I have run into have almost always been total highschool dropouts.

exactly...

how much do you want to spend? If you want to redo the ENTIRE bottom end, just buy an entire kit. I found one on ebay for 1200. your choice of compression. I chose 11.3.1. All eagle. hbeam rods,lightweight eagle crank,srp piston,rings,etc. oohhh and its all balanced. the only thing i had to buy seperate was the clevite bearings.
that was my choice. Figured i'd give you something to think about

Back