b18a1 problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jadams92

i just picked up a 93 coupe with a b18a1 in it and i pulled the code and its code 3 Manifold Absolute Pressure thing i dont no where to start to fix the problem also idk if its related but the car brakes up at high rpms and the idel jumps and i get horrible gas mileage only gets 17 with a ls tranny any help would be great also a vacuum hose diagram would be great

29ofp6q.jpg
[/IMG]

Thats your MAP sensor. It on top of your throttle body (where the intake pipe connects). It is a main cause and needs to be replaced.

In terms of the replacement.......in my honest opinion......get the OEM Honda MAP sensor.

It looks like (based on the valve cover) that you have a OBD2 B18B.

A link for the MAP sensor needed. $60 + ship

SENSOR SET, MAP

EDIT: the place above is where I have bought tons of OEM parts. They are reputable and cheap. Also.......it has the same part number for OBD1/OBD2A/OBD2B B18B1 so it is right for your motor

Last edited:
Like a toilet plunger??? Or did you mean plugged off?? If so.....this is your problem.

Its not a 92-93 Integra TB in your picture. 92-93 has some diaphragm thing on top of the TB. You definitely have a MAP like the 94-01 B18B1.

Lookfor circular stamps above the exhaust manifold to tell you the year the head was produced. They have numbers on them

Last edited:
yeah lol i mean plugged off but idk where to run the hose to and ur right it has a b18a1 block but 1 b18b head

All that is involved is the nipple on the MAP that goes into the Throttle Body (its on the bottom of the MAP) and one electrical connector. So I do not think it is capped off with anything but the MAP that is currently installed. Take it off and you will see what I mean.

There is a line from the charcoal canister that attaches near the MAP. Maybe this is what you think is capped off?

MAP is on the Throttle Body with that black and silver sticker on it.The plug on the TB is for the charcoal canister. I am not sure what the other sensor is that is on the manifold (its plugged too). I say you try to get those hoses hooked up correct and see if that curs the problem first.

i tracked it down to a bad ecu so i changed it out and now the codes gone but still breaks up a little around 2.5k and 3.5k rpms but only when driving normal if i get on it it dose not do this i think it could be something to do with timing wat do yall think

Can you clarify how you tracked it down?

What ECU did you have in there? And, if its replacement is different, what ECU?

i look checked the resistance on the map sensor and it was good so i checked the voltage to the plug and that was good so the next thing i tried was swapping out my ecu with another p75 i had and it cleared it up

Man.......I would say fuel filter or maybe a compression check to see where your cylinders are at.

Timing should be around 14-18 degrees (16 +/-2)

just put the timming light on there and my timing was off so i set the timing and now its running fine thanks for all the help you guys

Back