b18a1 question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reptarded

ok so my buddy has a b18a1 ls motor he said he'd sell to me for $100. the thing is, he has no idea how many miles it has on it, plus its just the block and the head. no intake or exhaust manifold, no dizzy, no alternator, no injectors, no tranny, just an engine block. he did, however, see it running in an eg before it got parted out.

so basically my question is, would it be worth it to buy this motor?

it seems like a pretty cheap price, and he has a ton of other parts laying around his shop, i say an exhaust and intake manifold and a couple other random things. he didnt give any exact price on those things either.

also about how much would it take to get this motor running?

i'm gonna drop it in my ef crx. (if i were to buy it)

if you trust his word on it running, get it. 100 bucks for that engine and head is a great price. it may need rebuilding sure but you'll never come across that kinda deal again IMO. rebuilding that engine is about 1400 bucks through me so i'm sure youll find a price about that where you live. you may find it for less. but that engine will cost you around 500 bucks in an engine warehouse and you get the same thing...an engine you dont know how many miles are an it. TMU as we call it in the industry (true miles unknown). if no body has heard of TMU, i made it up. but its true LOL. you scored id you get that engine. you could sell it for more if you dont wanna build it

the thing is tho i don't have a motor in my crx right now and i wanna drop something in asap. how much profit could i make off selling this longblock?

i guess im just overwhelmed by how much it needs. he needs it gone by tomorrow so i think im gonna buy it and if worst comes to worst ill sell it.

the head 75-100 bucks as is, the bottom end 100 -200 as is. these would be the cheapest prices. the whole thing, 250-300. just flip it-sell it quick at a profit for your project

Back