1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b18a1 running on 2 cylinders

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by steel205, Sep 22, 2010.

1. steel205

steel205 New Member

k well i have a b18a1 swapped 91 civic now it ran fine till 2 days ago i changed my fuel filter and replaced sum coolant hoses now it runs on 2 cylinders i have good compression getting power to the injectors i have good spark changed the distributor my dad rewired the whole engine harness to take out any bad connections as a cause so now my dad is thinking its either the fuel pump or the map sensor if anyone has encountered this problem i need help please

2. LifeSucks88

LifeSucks88 New Member

It sounds like you might have two plug injectors.

3. steel205

steel205 New Member

no cus i switched the injectors i took the 2 outa the non runnin cylinders and put them in the running cylinders andits still the same 2 cylinders

4. civichatch1988

civichatch1988 Ef hatch

i had this problem check the injector wires where it meets the plug to plug into the injectors caused mine to run on 3 cylinders, could also run the car then shut it off and pull a plug from one of the bad cylinders and smell for raw fuel and its probably a problem with the wiring for the injectors

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted