b18a1 swap driving my crazy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

delsol_racer

ok so this is what going on a b18a1 ls with a cable tranny i have everything ready in in tha 89 hatchback ready to drive but i have no power
im using tha ls wiring harrness on tha motor and tha dx harrness under tha dash to tha engine bay i just relized tha wires didnt match colors i started cutting and rewiring them but will it be easier just to get tha dx harrness? please someone help me out give me a pointer or two
i have no power to tha dizzy, and i was checking power from tha ecu harrness in tha engine bay and had no powere i dont know what to do next i have a new coil on it cuz my old one was cracked i though that was tha prolbem but idk ne more

please

thank you

Twitch

yes all grounds are hooked up im postivite i put tha dx harrness abck on and now i have spark im pretty sure im getting fuel cuz i put a test light to tha fuel injector and i have power so im assuming they work but still wont turn on now its macking a sound like a backfire but its in tha exghust pipe and im running a stright pipe so ima recheck tha timmig and hope its that do u have ne segguestions?

thank you
Twitch

check those grounds again, i have the same swap. Make sure you have the right ECU

Loosen the small 10mm nut on the fuel filter. Its atop the 17mm, then turn the key on. If it sprays, youre getting fuel.

Check the fuel injector with a test light will not tell you if you are getting fuel to them, you simply checking to make sure its getting power.

Now, check to make sure your plugs are in teh right order.

Should look like this.
distributor
3 4
1 2

engine
Distributor side 4 3 2 1 Timing Belt side

94886979.gif

Next, check to make sure both grounds are hooked. Thermostat and the battery ground, goes to the clutch cable mounting bracket.

Last edited:
Back