b18a1 swap fuel coming out of exhaust

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

youngguns4x4

Yea i've got the ef runnin but a little ruff. well its smokes like hell right now and smells like fuel. theres fuel behind the exhaust. i have an aem press. reg. and messed with it turning it up and down. i'm assuming u turn it clockwise for less fuel? i dunno i just bought this car then decided to fuck around with this stuff as a daily driver so i can build up my offroad truck. any help appreciated.

my friends 240sx does that...check your air to fuel..cus u might be burning rich...but an air to fuel ratio gauge isnt gonna help u much unless u have a wideband o2 sensor...but yea,its prolly your air to fuel..cus when my friend accelerates...his exhaust smokes..and u can smell lots of gas from his car...

buy a fuel pressure gauge, I suggest b&m, cheap and works good, and set fuel pressure to recommended settings

Originally posted by Bl6CRX@Oct 12 2004, 02:27 AM
buy a fuel pressure gauge, I suggest b&m, cheap and works good, and set fuel pressure to recommended settings
[post=401502]Quoted post[/post]​

thats the plan, but for right now i'm trying to figure out whats up with it you know. like its smokes horribley and theres a decent wet spot behind it like prolly 8 ins by 12inches. i did soak the injectors in seafoam before i put them in which makes ur shit doggy and smoke but i've ran it long enough to clean that out.

yea i got the fuel press guage in its at 40 psi which is fine. but its blow gas outta the exhaust worse then everdoes anyone have any ideas.i'm tryin to get it drivable byfriday or saturday? "is anybody out there"-pinkfloyd

what ecu are you running?

make sure your map is hooked up correctly

Originally posted by handlebarsfsr@Oct 14 2004, 04:08 PM
did you put a fuel injector in the o2 sensor bung?
[post=402648]Quoted post[/post]​

i hope u aren't serious about the o2 sensor, i'm assuming ur not since u knew it is called a bung. i have the teg map sensor, in the its attatched to the tube on the left coming out of the back of the manifiold and the tub closes to u look at the car from the engine bay on the throttle body, they tee off then go into the map. the line that comes off the fuel reg (aem) goes know where

Back