1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B18A1 swap in 00 Civic EX

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by reppin207, May 12, 2015.

1. reppin207

reppin207 New Member

So I recently picked up a B18A1 motor intending to swap it into my civic, It came without a intake manifold/tranny, I can get those no problem, but I don't know what year the engine was made in, because the A1 was OBD0 and OBD1. How can I check without pulling the engine apart, and how much of a pain in the ass is doing the wiring if it's OBD0, in the case of OBD1 I could just get a converter harness.

2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

date of manufacture should be stamped on the head by the exhaust ports

3. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

"engine castings" are not obd... it's the electronics that are on them. Since the A never had a knock sensor anyway, there's no difference as far as the block and head castings are concerned.

That said, putting an older motor into a newer chassis is illegal in about 30 states, so make sure you check your local laws before you spend more money.

Sourcing a 99-00 b18b1 intake mani, dist, electronics, ecu etc is probably going to be your best bet.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted