b18a1 swap in 92 civic hatch.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brush

when i got my 92 civic, someone had already started on the motor swap with a b18a1. It is fun, but it idles rough, low and then normal. what i haven't been able to figuer out, is what acura ECU DO I NEED, it's a manual trans.? i know the b18a1 comes w/OBDO, and that my civic originaly takes OBD1. what do i need to do to convert for wiring?just want to wrap it up to do a little racing, and to run it at its full potential. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!:huh: :( :confused:

The Integra actually came with two different ECUs.

If you took the engine out of a 90-91 Integra, it is in fact an obd0 ECU called the PR4.

The 92-95 Integras also had the PR4, but were obd1, the earlier models coming with the b18a1, later models coming with the b18b with a p74 or p75 ecu, depending on what year it was made and what trim it had.

You can also use other ECUs if you've done the swap already, but basically want to line up your on-board diagnostic system of the engine to that of the car. If you have an obd0 b18a1, you should try to get the wiring harness (going to the dash, called the "chassis harness") from the Integra, and wire that into your Civic. Otherwise, it's possible to convert your B18a1 over to obd0 if need be, but I'm not sure where those articles are and they seem to have mixed reviews. I suggest trying to get the full wiring harness from either your car or your engine and go with the ECU that works with the obd you're working with.

p75 obd1 ecu
obd1 distributor
obd1 speed sensor
and make sure you have a resistor box on the injecotrs, else swap to saturated ones from an obd1 b-series (they are all the same), or install the resistor box.

Back