1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b18a1 swap, original parts

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by zephon96, Sep 23, 2005.

1. zephon96

zephon96 Junior Member

so im swapping a b18a1 into a 90 crx hf. do i still need the intake tube or the intake filter box from the stock crx motor? not sure if it fits the ls motor or if it would fit an ls filter box, or if i need to get the ls tube, or should i get an aftermarket intake (metal one with a dipped filter?) also, ive been told that for the swap, ill need to remove the dust boots on the steering knuckles. but ive also been told that the hf knuckles wont fit with this swap reguardless. do i need to get new knuckles, if so, which are compatible? if not, just remove the dust boots on the hf knuckles, and something on the teg axels? somebody please clear this up for me.. any webpages that show what part of the knuckles and axels that need to be removed?? any help appreciated. thanx. --noob jim

2. drpenguin

drpenguin Senior Member

the stock air tube and box will work. Now. Your HF knuckles have to go. no if ands or buts about it. if your going to a b series you need new hubs and that fun stuff. Me personally i have a B16 in a 89 HF. I put DA front breaks from a 91 in. Your stock hubs will only work for a d series motor. If you need any help with this swap hit me up. I can get you pics or whatever info you need

3. mygsr

mygsr Member

do you think i can add the da brakes on my 94 civic
    maybe the pics you have can help me

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted