b18a1 swap problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hatdude4

b18a1 in a civic dx. wiring was swapped to mpfi. car starts up and drives until i hit the gas hard then it is like it bogs down. has a pw0 ecu and only an exhaust manifold, no exhaust. ecu is throwing code for coolant temp sensor. any ideas???

PW0 is a VTEC ECU - it is probably looking for VTEC, knock sensor, etc. and going into limp mode

Swap the outter wires on the TPS sensor plug. When you floor it, the computer thinks you're at fully closed throttle instead of WOT. And yes, the OBD0 pr4 ecu is the correct one for that motor.

i would check the wiring. if you can do a continuity test on it with a multimeter (long probe) then do that. If not just check and make sure its in one piece. If it is then replace the sensor. ECT will put you into limp mode for some reason...

coolant temp sensor wasnt plugged in all the way. stopped throwing code for that now i can floor it and it will drive but when i get to 3000rpm the engine bogs down like there is a rev limiter at 3000

Back