B18a1 Swap Success

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sofast

I Successfully swapped my B18a1 into my CRX last night. Took my and a buddy about 6 hours to pull from my integra, install new parts, and reinstall into my CRX. Went smothly concidering they are both midwest cars. The gas axe was much help. It also helps when you have side by side hoists. Anyhow with one push of the button he popped right off and ran smoothly. No check engine lights and drives perfectly. Well I need to align it still. A little squirrely at the wheel . Then i will clean up the engine bay and dress it up. The only issue was the vacume routing. I could find nothing on this topic. I ran the vacume with what I believe to be right. Ill post pictures later on another topic of the routing. Anyhow Thanks for the help and info handa swap friends.

38018450040_medium.jpg

38018450041_medium.jpg
http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/4/208/1901/38018450041_medium.jpg

Wow, that's awesome! 6 hours from pull to running is a hell of an achievement. I'm glad the site was useful to you! :thumbsup:

I was excited too! But dont be fooled. It is much easier when you have Air, lifts, tools, torch, and help. That and my buddy and I are fast. I did all of my research and ordered all the parts needed to insure there would be minimal mistakes. we were well prepared. Im just glad it all worked out according to plan. This rarely happens for me. Thanks again

Nice. Good work man. Musta bin awesome with everything you had. Make it alot easier. Just need to clean up that valve cover and paint it. Got any pics of the whole car? Inside and out.

Yeah Now that I got everything functioning I will start cleaning up under the hood.
I still have interior work to do. I need carpet, some dash switches, rear integra brakes, and random stuff. While I had the engine out I installed my tokiko blues and neospeed 2" springs, clutch, s/s headers eliminated the cat and a s/s catback, short shifter, energy shift bushings, yada yada yada. Check out my cardomain. I have more pictures to post. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3801845 . I still have alot of ideas to make happen but here is my work

38018450028_medium.jpg

38018450039_medium.jpg

Nice looks good. I never liked the 2 inches of leg space in the back seat of the crx but great cars. I like your Rex. Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Thanks man. I still have a lot of work to do though. The 2" of leg space insures my kids will not be riding in my car getting candy and pop on my seats lol

Back