B18A1 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

leake_da

Trying to finish my B18A1 swap in my 89 Civic DX. I already have the MPFI conversion done since i used to have a ZC in the car. Im getting fire and the car will run when carburetor cleaner is sprayed in the throttle body. But I dont seem to be getting fuel through my injectors. I am getting fuel to them but not out of them. Im also getting a code 16 on my ECU which is fuel injection code. Im cleaning the injectors to see if that will help. Any other suggestions? Will dirty injectors throw a code?

you had to hook up something wrong, we just did the same swap on my winter crx
and everything plugged right up,a nd she fired on the second try, if your getting fuel up to the line, it as to be injectors,or wiring, maybe you disturbed your mpfi conversion, there's nothing else beyond that.

I'll check everything.....everything is soldered, so i would think they are ok. Also, do you know what the voltage is supposed to be at the injector plugs. I konw its lower than 12 because thats what the resistor box is for right?

Originally posted by leake_da@Sep 23 2005, 02:01 AM
I'll check everything.....everything is soldered, so i would think they are ok. Also, do you know what the voltage is supposed to be at the injector plugs. I konw its lower than 12 because thats what the resistor box is for right?
[post=559097]Quoted post[/post]​

unplug connector - voltage between red/black wire and ground should be battery voltage - voltage between red/black and the other wire (red, yellow, brown or light blue) should be battery voltage - resistance between 2 pins on the injector should be 1.5 to 2.5 ohms

Originally posted by jlicrx+Sep 23 2005, 06:24 PM-->
@Sep 23 2005, 02:01 AM
I'll check everything.....everything is soldered, so i would think they are ok.  Also, do you know what the voltage is supposed to be at the injector plugs.  I konw its lower than 12 because thats what the resistor box is for right?
[post=559097]Quoted post[/post]​

unplug connector - voltage between red/black wire and ground should be battery voltage - voltage between red/black and the other wire (red, yellow, brown or light blue) should be battery voltage - resistance between 2 pins on the injector should be 1.5 to 2.5 ohms
[post=559547]Quoted post[/post]​

Ok my resistance is good on my injectors and the voltage on them starts out at around 30-40 volts when u first hit the key then levels out to 12. Normal??? Also i dont know if my pump is any good....it seemed at first like it was putting good pressure in my fuel rail, but now it doesnt. So if i replace it, should i use the Civic or Integra pump? Or maybe its my main relay?

Back