B18a1 swapped crx wiring help needed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ryangt

i have a 91 crx that was a dx, I converted all the wiring over to 89 HF
i have a 91 b18a1 in the car, my real problem is
that solenoid pack on the firewall, has a two pronged connector, comming out of one solinoid, the crx hf wiring harness has a 4 prong connector that supposed to plug into the same place.
is there a way to convert this to fit or what?
this is pretty much the ast thing i need to do.
ive seen on some of the older dual point motors, they had a 4 prong going to their solinoid pack. but those are on dual point motor.

any help is very much appreciated, this is killin me here

anyone know what im talkin about ? i tried seraching but nothing seems to be metioned about this problem.

is there any way you could send me some pics for reference? I really appreciate the help

Quoted post[/post]]
anyone know what im talkin about ? i tried seraching but nothing seems to be metioned about this problem.
i know what you are talking about - the Calif DX has EGR valve with box on the firewall like on on HF - you are talking about the Purge Control Solenoid which on the DX has 2 wire connector with 1 green wire and 1 black/yellow wire - the HF has a 4 wire connector with 2 black/yellow, 1 red and 1 green - 1 black/yellow and the red go to the EGR Valve from the Purge Solenoid connector (piggy-backed, so to speak) - for the purge, you only need the 1 black/ yellow and the green - swap the other side of the 2-wire DX connector onto the harness but only use the green and 1 black/yellow wires or swap the solenoid side of HF connector onto the solenoid wires using only the green and black/yellow or just hard wire it - green to green and black/yellow to black/yellow (you probably will never be taking it out anyway, so just hard wire it)

how much harder, is it to just run the hf solenoid pack?
anyone have a wiring diagram? or a vacuum diagram about that install?
thanks for that great help its right on the money

Quoted post[/post]]
how much harder, is it to just run the hf solenoid pack?
anyone have a wiring diagram? or a vacuum diagram about that install?
thanks for that great help its right on the money
yes, you could run the HF setup - your B18 doesn't have EGR, does it? without EGR, you only need 2 of the things in the box: the MAP sensor and the Purge Control Solenoid - the other 2 are for the EGR - the MAP should just plug right in - if you use the HF setup, your HF harness will plug right in - the MAP has a vacuum line from the port on the throttle body projecting out toward passenger side (one closest to front of car) - the purge has vacuum line from intake manifold to the bottom of it and another one from the side to the charcoal cannister - the B18A1 has another solenoid which the DX or HF doesn't have - it is the Fuel Pressure Regulator Control Solenoid Valve - i am not sure if you need it in order to pass emissions in CA

wNDE4MTEwNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

wMzk3NTc1NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

wNTcxODg0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

man thanks alot youve been a real help, im gonna take the two wire and hook it up hopefully it works,
thanks a ton for thepics they are a big help
thanks

Back