B18a1 Tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blick2319

i have a b18a1 i'm putting in my 93 civichatch cx that i would some time in the future like to make into ls/vtec. I have the cable tranny for the motor but was thinking of selling it for a hydro. Is that a good move? If so, are b16 or b18 trannys better per $?

seeing that the cable tranny wont work in your car without a lot of bullshit, i would definatly say its a good move getting a hydro tranny

i don't mind converting my car to cable if they're better i just heard that hydros are better. is that true?

as far as the hydro vs cable portion it kinda comes down to preferance
as far as the actual trannys there are much better trannys available in hydro form

I can't confirm it, but I have been told that the hydro tranny synchros are stronger, but I do not know for sure. As E_Sol_Si, your selection of trannys is much better with cable.

I did the cable swap on my ride and three months later I switched it out for a hydro, go with a hydro.

Milan

r b16 or b18 trannys generaly better or does it matter by the exact model. I was looking at b18 ls tranny's or maybe a b16 which whould be better to put on a b18a1.

If you are running NA this is the order of trannys I would look for (from best to worst)
JDM Type R(Teg or Civic)
USDM Type R
GSR (USDM or JDM), Del Sol VTEC, 99-00 Civic Si (or any hydro B16 tranny except the CTR)
LS (This tranny suck royally for NA)

teh b16 or delsol tranny's have a smaller differential than it's 1.8 counterparts. I agree with lsvtec with the order of trannys except I would put the GSR after the SiR gearing ;)

1.JDM ITR/CTR
2.usdm ITR
3.usdm delsol dohc/Si coupe/jdm SiR
4.JDM SiR-G
4.GSR
5.LS/RS/GS

Milan

Back