b18a1 turbo questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yep yep... anyways... i am planning on getting a turbo kit for my b18a1... I am looking into getting a almost full 1st gen dsm setup as so that i can get the FMIC(to get an intercooler and keep the stock look) the 1st gen BOV, and the t25 off that car too... i was wondering if anyone has done anything of that sort and how well it worked or you think it would work. I really wanna keep the :sleep: look... so i don't wanna get too much... and i know the b18 can only hold 14lbs... i was gonna try to run about 8 daily after getting some metal head gasket action.....

Ok yea thats enough of me talking... what do you guys think?

I am looking into getting a almost full 1st gen dsm setup as so that i can get the FMIC(to get an intercooler and keep the stock look)

DSM's never had a front mount. they used side mounts.

the 1st gen BOV, and the t25 off that car too... i was wondering if anyone has done anything of that sort and how well it worked or you think it would work.

it works just fine for a low-power boost setup.

and i know the b18 can only hold 14lbs

you know this? well, my friend, its a bullshit statement that simply isn't true.
... i was gonna try to run about 8 daily after getting some metal head gasket action.....

you need more than the turbo to turbo. fuel is your friend. you need more of it, and you need stuff to control it.

Ok yea thats enough of me talking... what do you guys think?

I think you need to do a bunch of reasearch on your fuel management options. browse around on here, 50% of this forum deals with it.

u can get away with throwing on 6-8psi without no other engine or fuel management, but it wont run near its full potential. to do it cheap, get a FPR, and maybe an SAFC, but this is bare minimum. try getting a chip for ecu, hondata safc, or something along those lines to adjust the fuel curve. u will also need better spark, so get better plugs and wires, maybe an MSD for the launching. and some gauges to keep an eye on how ur engines doing, and make sure nothing is off.

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Sep 12 2003, 02:10 PM
u can get away with throwing on 6-8psi without no other engine or fuel management, but it wont run near its full potential. to do it cheap, get a FPR, and maybe an SAFC, but this is bare minimum. try getting a chip for ecu, hondata safc, or something along those lines to adjust the fuel curve. u will also need better spark, so get better plugs and wires, maybe an MSD for the launching. and some gauges to keep an eye on how ur engines doing, and make sure nothing is off.

you have absolutely no idea wtf you're talking about, so instead of trying to give ckyhimself advice that would do harm to his engine, just stay out of the thread :)

1. You will NOT run any amount of psi without providing additional fuel to the engine, as you will run incredibly lean under boost, fucking shit up :)

2. You need no fpr, and the safc hack is an option, get 450cc's and an afc

3. If you use an ecu chip, you will need larger injectors and the chip calibrated for those injectors

4. hondata does not make the safc, apex'i does

5. leave the stock wires alone, and get the one step colder plugs if you have some extra money

6. MSD ignition will prove to be a waste of ~$100

thanks charles. I was just about to... you saved me some typing.

the Hondata SAFC had me rolling. lol

hondata sfc... almost.. silly man...

i do plan on getting an afc to keep track of the fuel curve to not go lean and destroy the car... but other than that... thanx guys

Back