b18a1 turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

boostedls

hmmm.. i like pie
I got a b18a running on 10psi

looking to beef it up a bit. Not make it faster just more dependable

Buget 500-600 cash

It's tuned for 10-11 psi
It runs alittle rich, but i rather have a bit rich then leaned out

I was thinking like some rods or something to stregthen the motor. Read some people saying they wouldn't do more then 8psi on a ls but others say 12psi is safe.

bought this car all ready boosted so i don't know how much abuse it's gone thorugh

It's tuned for 10-11 psi
It runs alittle rich, but i rather have a bit rich then leaned out

I was thinking like some rods or something to stregthen the motor. Read some people saying they wouldn't do more then 8psi on a ls but others say 12psi is safe.

bought this car all ready boosted so i don't know how much abuse it's gone thorugh

Get the psi numbers out of your head and start thinking about whp instead..

Get the psi numbers out of your head and start thinking about whp instead..

Ok.

it's not really faster I want right now, just more security in that the motor will live long and a healthy life.
could someone give me a run down on some of the stock parts capabilities like pistons, rods, and block.

And what's the weakest link in the ls engine

rod bolts are weak

i would NOT push that engine above 230whp if it is completely stock. possibly even less if it has some mileage on it.

heres what you should be looking at:
mild re build (replace pistons and rods with forged stuff, re bearing, re-ring, hone (bore if needed), crank micropolished and new seals/gaskets all throughout the bottom end.

or

full build
re-sleeve, forged pistons and rods, new bearings, seals, gaskets, crank polished, bottom end balanced, etc

i recommend arp hardware in the bottom end (rod bolts primarily) and certainly head studs if you plan on things lasting longer than a few short pulls.

rod bolts are weak

i would NOT push that engine above 230whp if it is completely stock. possibly even less if it has some mileage on it.

heres what you should be looking at:
mild re build (replace pistons and rods with forged stuff, re bearing, re-ring, hone (bore if needed), crank micropolished and new seals/gaskets all throughout the bottom end.

or

full build
re-sleeve, forged pistons and rods, new bearings, seals, gaskets, crank polished, bottom end balanced, etc

i recommend arp hardware in the bottom end (rod bolts primarily) and certainly head studs if you plan on things lasting longer than a few short pulls.

Thank you

sorry for the double post,

Thinking mild rebuild with some new rods and apr hardware
can't afford the pistons right now.

if you cant afford the pistons then just wait until you have the cash saved up for them
ebay has an eagle rod/je piston combo for 700ish. thats where i got mine from.

Back