b18a1 wiring help!! *VIDEO*

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ED6Racer

hello. my friend and i have done a b18a1 swap into a crx dx, we've got everything in and installed, and we thought we had the wiring finished. except for when we start it, it hesitates or when we finally got it started. it wouldnt rev over 2 grand without dying, this has been very frustrating because we dont know whats wrong

can anyone tell us whats wrong, maybe someone with a similar experience. or maybe somethings to check over? we are using the PR4 ECU

Video of the crx - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
i took a small video, but since i dont know how to use windows movie maker, i sorta put two videos into one, one half is us trying to start the car over, and the 2nd part is the car idling but it will not rev without dying. (no exhaust btw) any help would be greatly appreciated. thx

ok heres whats up, we hooked up a PM6 ECU, seems to run fine now, but heres our problem.. when the block is cold, it starts up and runs fine, but as soon as the engine warms up. it stalls, and when we try to start it, it spits and sputters and sounds like its not on all 4 cylinders.. when we come back the next day and try it, starts up perfect.. then once again when it warms up.. stalls.. does anyone know what the problem could be? thanks.

check vaccum lines for leaks, check your grounds, check your idle air control valve to make sure its not trashed. *do a search on (IACV) on here or google* and it will be up threads. also check your timing and make sure everything is dead on. Oh and last. Make sure all the connections are snapped together. (aka ecu, dizzy, main harness, etc. )

I had a problem like this when I did a swap and it turned out to be something really small. ( i think it was a vaccum leak)

*did you convert to MPFI?*
But, since it sounds like your timing is off, I would check that. Or make a video of how the car starts up and sounds with the new ECU.

Sorry, I just skimmed over your post. And just started typing what I have ran into in your situation.

Good luck.

Hell, you might already have this fixed..

KABOOOM!!!!

Thanks for the help guys, we got everything figured out, turns out our problem was the distributor, the crank angle sensor wires werent hooked up.. oops, haha. also we replaced the cap and coil. that made it run alot better. Okay so were out takin a cruise down the road, everything is fine.. untill we go to step on it, BOOM blew out the tranny, gears and parts all over the road and gear oil pouring out onto the road. This resulted in us having to get the car towed back to the house so we can remove the tranny and replace it with another one :(

DSC00244.jpg

poor quality due to camera phone, il take a better one with digital camera next time and will document more of the tranny swap.. PEACE.

Back