b18a1 wiring problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FNG Clint291

so i have a 1990 civic si with an obd1 b18a1 swapped into it, and the wiring that someone has done to the harness is very crappy at best, so i was wondering since i have a spare si harness could i just buy Rywire - Online Store and would that make it work better? it currently runs but wants to die on deceleration and gives me a cylinder position code even tho i put a brand new dizzy in it and keep resetting the ecu

Who did your conversion? most obd0 to obd1 conversions come with instructions. I personally have used Rywire.com and Peter is a very good coach for these things. I would send your harness in and have them make you a jumper and an engine harness. They are going to need your OBD1 and OBD0 harness and the re-pin, re-splice, and test them to where they virtually belong together. They are really good. I have a mil-spec harness from them for my LS/vtec. Havent had any problems with it on my other cars

i think i figured out my problem...i bought the car but it already had the hacked up harness with it all i had to do was install the motor and everything else but the guy said he already did the wiring, and all he did was take the obd0 harness and just cut it up to use obd1 dizzy, ecu, and 4 wire o2 sensor, but it has the obd0 injectors cause it still needs the resistor box. so i think the kit from rywire.com that i was looking at in my first post would work cause its just an obd0 - obd1 dizzy, ecu, and 4 wire o2 sensor kit.

Back