b18b build up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well then i think i'll just stick w/ the stock cams for now then. for now i think that the set up i am going to go with on my LS is...

eagle rods
roller wave pistons
blockguard (either nuformz or golden eagle)
hondata 2b
ferrera valves (only b/c my stock ones are damaged)
portflow valve springs
rc injectors
drag 3 turbo kit

thats the basic setup that i am aiming for but i wanted to know what yall thought about boring out the motor to a 2.0 liter? i was told that doing this will yield good hp gains and i just wanted a 2nd opinion...are the advantages of boring to a 2.0 worth the cost?

also, i know by boring out the motor i'd have to get bigger diameter pistons (84mm), and just wanted to know based on the list above, what other things i'd have to do if i should decide to bore out the motor (i.e. different sized blockguard, bigger injectors, etc)? thanks

DO NOT bore if you are going turbo. you will thin yoru walls, and you will go boom. its all internal to the sleves- the outside doesn't change.

but again, don't do it. run 2 psi more, and make up for the extra dispacement have have better odds of not blowing up

I you want to take the LS to 2.0 liters, sleeve and post it.

Back