B18B build up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Blanco@Jun 24 2004, 03:55 PM
While I'm following this quite closely, I have to say this. I'm not about to spend $1000-1500 on dyno time for 1 point in compression, for a negligible pre/off-boost difference. If you can show me dyno charts of the same engine, running both 9.3:1 and 10:1 pistons, that shows both long-term reliablity and why I should worry about a .7:1 difference, I'll consider it. I don't have enough money to think outside the box when it comes to my engine build, I'm going with what's been tested and proven.

$1000 - 1500 in dyno time, are you nuts?

It is not THAT hard to tune for 10:1. I have seen it done in two hours, reliably. I have seen 10.3:1 tuned in a few hours, reliably.

Why speculate if you have no clue one way or the other?

If you are braking traction at stoplights I doubt its because of the off-boost performance.

just as a heads up.... TITAN MOTORSPORTS, which is local to me, charge 95 an hour if you tune it, and 145 an hour if they tune it. they said between 1 and 2 hours to tune my NA vehicle.

I agree that its not something you HAVE to do, its an option that some might take and not others.

But to make outrageous claims, or speculate on the difference in dyno time, or performance, doesn't benifit anyone.

my tuner is 400 flat for pump gas, 500 flat for pump/race tunes.
+ dyno cost/hr at whatever shop you go to with him
my local dyno is 100 first hr, 75 for 2nd, 50 thereafter.
so if it takes 2 hours, its roughly 575-600 bucks for pump gas.

Originally posted by Blanco@Jun 25 2004, 02:16 PM

Chill out dude. I already said that I don't know shit about dyno time. You could have been helpful, instead of condescending. Since, you know, being condescending is such a benifit to people. And if you're not speculating on the differences in performance, why the hell have you been whoring up my thread?

I wasn't being condescending. Sorry if you felt that way.

I was just stating that speculation is unecissary. A mild boost/mild CR motor has its advantages. They are proven through physics. Blindly stating that it doesn't do anything is just going to mislead people with the same questions you had.

Originally posted by radnulb@Jun 25 2004, 10:07 AM
Titan has done some good work... Familiar with the DIY tools not just Hondata too...

actually, recently they have become well versed in hondata/uberdata programing. sorry to post irrelivant info.

Back