1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B18b Clutches

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by ilikepie, Mar 11, 2003.

1. ilikepie

ilikepie Senior Member

Alright I have a 94 Integra LS with a few bolt ons 9(header, exhaust, cai) I was wanting a new clutch and flywheel. I will be turbocharging the motor in the future.. So what clutch and flywheel setup do you think i should get and where should i get it. Thanks

2. civicb18

civicb18 Member

i got clutchmasters stage 2, but i wish i would have gotten stage 3, i like it though, got it off ebay for 320 shipped

3. beau_safken

beau_safken Senior Member

Screw clutchmasters. IF you want something that lasts buy the best...

Get the ACT HDSS kit. I forgot the exact kit number but the Heavy duty pressure plate with the modified street clutch is the best clutch I or my friends have ever felt on a civic. This clutch needs a bit more leg strength to push in but hey dont be a pussy.

If you want quality you have to pay for it...

4. ilikepie

ilikepie Senior Member

Alright if i go with ACT would you recommend HDSS or XTSS? Do you think the XT would be too strong? Also what kind of flywheel should i get. Are unorthodox flywheels any good and will they work with an ACT clutch? I really dont have a buget so any price range. Thanks

5. beau_safken

beau_safken Senior Member

I would personally go with the HDSS setup just for the fact that the XT pressure plates have snapped a bunch of my friends stock axles. The XT pressure plate is a VERY powerful pressure plate and without a little finess it's pretty easy to break an axle. The HD grips like a motha and will hold anything you throw at it. I would love to give you a first hand experience with it but the damn car isn't back from the shop yet...I hate my mechanic.... <_<

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted