B18b EK swap mount?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

intenseneal

Will the mount mount bracket by the time belt from a B16a SIR obd0 work on my 98 obd2 B18b swap? The one that bolts to the block. Will the shift linkage work from the same OBD0 B16 on my EK, it is also adjustable to make it longer or shorter. Someone costomized it. Thanks for the help.

no, you need the 99-00 civic si mounts and shift linkage.

i've never heard of an adjustable shift linkage...

Customized? Like hole in two sized pieces of pipe that overlap? Like holes in crutches? Seems a little shady and would have a considerable amount of play. Or maybe they're built differently....?

In any event....you can get shift linkage out there for not that much....it'll be solid and done with.

What's witht eh stupid link for some shoe company? I thought it was an adjustable shift linkage lol

The ends of the linkage were cut off then a piece of all 1/2" all thread was weilded on as were some threaded fittings. This made the linkage adjustable to make it shorter or longer. Dont know why this was done, like I said it was in a CRX with a B16a. I will just cut add weild my stock shift linkage to work on the S80 trans. I already have the rights ends for the B sereies trans. I tried to fit the shifter linkage to my ek and yeah it doesnt line up properly. That sucks about the motor mount.

Back