1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B18b Headgasket

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by integratypeRob, May 13, 2003.

1. integratypeRob

integratypeRob Junior Member

Im building up a B18B engine for my integra. I am currently looking for a headgasket that has no more than 2 layers.
    Im putting in 2000 civic si pistons and rings, new bearings, i'm going to port and polish the head, use crower cams and valve springs. I have all the info for the rest of the stuff, but just need to find a headgasket. In order for me to get the compression that I want, I need to run a really thin headgasket. Any info would be great!

2. wildbillhatchbac

wildbillhatchbac the OG VIP

anyone know? i work with this guy, help a brother out. i looked and couldn't find anything for nonvtec high compression head gaskets.

3. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

i think COMETIC makes one...

4. Slo86GT

Slo86GT Super Moderator

Why couldn't you run a VTEC head gasket on the Non VTEC block? The only real difference is the oil passage for the VTEC system, which is just an extra hole in the gasket that would be for nothing with an LS head on an LS block.

Just a thought.

I think GReddy and Spoon and Toda make 2 layer VTEC gaskets. Give it a try, who knows.

5. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

You could do what I did, take the damn middle layer out, it's easy to do, just clip the brass fittings that hold all three layers together and take the middle one out and make sure to spray the gold spray on both sides,

Milan

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted