b18b in a 96 dx hatchback

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

curiousguy

i was going to buy a motor from hmotor, b18b
and swap it to my 96 dx hatchback...i was wondering, wut else
i have to do, and how much will it all end up to be...
hopefully under 4000? and if i do the swap, how long will it
take and how fast will the car be?

The cost will be the total of the swap + anything that you have to replace + any installation fees/shop rental fees you incur, so it could be any where from the advertised price plus shipping if nothing is wrong with swap and you install yourself, have all the right tools, and a shop/garage to work in and all fluids to refill onhand already, to say $7000 if you pay someone to install it, and a thousand little things go wrong and they rape you on the fees. Only some local research, and an evaluation of your resources can tell you that.

How long will it take depends on a number of things as well, skil of person doing the swap, and anything that goes wrong. An experianced person with nothing wrong on motor can do it in a day easy, if lots goes wrong and the person has no clue, I've seen it take a couple months, between waiting on parts, and screwing up the install.

No saying really, depends on too many variables, but between 14 and 20 seconds is safe to say

Back