1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B18B into 93 EG Hatch, please help!

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by oxygen, Jan 9, 2010.

1. oxygen

oxygen New Member

Hi all, I'm new here but was doing some googling and found your site and I think this can be the most useful reference for me. I'm going to be putting a B18B into my 93 EG Hatch (currently automatic, will be converting)

This is the exact motor I'm going to order.

I'm having a heck of a time figuring out what mounts I need. I'm going to include some links, I would love if you could confirm if I should buy these or not.

I know I need an auto to manual conversion mount, I need to know if this one will work for my civic?

I know I also will need some Integra motor mounts, figuring out which ones though is a REAL pain. I was going to order this set. Should I order it?

My last question. I've had a heck of a time figuring out what brackets I'll need. I THINK I need this bracket, but I ordered this one which I think I don't need. can anyone confirm?

THANK YOU
    -Oxygen

2. oxygen

oxygen New Member

sorry 1 more thing, can a GSR shift linkage (B18C) work with a B18B? I'm bidding on one but I'm not sure if it will work

3. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

All Manual Civic mounts will work except the back transmission. Any B series shift linkage will work. But since you're Auto..
    .I think you'll need a different top trans mount too.

If there's a recycler anywhere near you....go that route. New aftermarket will just cost you more and are useless unless you're going high hp.

4. oxygen

oxygen New Member

can you guys tell me what ECU I'm going to need for the swap? OBD1 ECU, Manual transmission.

5. scuzz

scuzz New Member

OBDI P75 or P4 for Integra

6. scuzz

scuzz New Member

You'll also need accelator cable and half shafts from the Integra

7. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

P4? You mean PR4? If so...that's OBD0

P75 is the only ECU that can work for OBD1 LS without a chip (AKA Virgin ECU)

If your car isn't a Si...you most likely need a different throttle cable. I had the LS for a while and used my Si throttle cable for it and my B16A

You also need any B series shift linkage and you CAN use your original engine harness but if you can get the LS OBD1 harness....do it.

I agree on the axles...you need B series axles for sure but you can get them for about $70 (each) at Riebes or some other parts store. And I feel its usually better then some of the used axles that come with swaps.

8. D16SiHatch

D16SiHatch New Member

there are both obd0 and obd1 pr4's ^

9. scuzz

scuzz New Member

I used the P75 in my 93 CX LS changeover. I had to change TB cable. Fellow I bought changeover said the other ecm would work, but I haven't tried it.
    My car runs great. Miles faster than the CX winnie motor and high geared trans it had.

10. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

Never heard of an OBD1 PR4 What motor was that? The OBD1 92-95 LS is either a P74 or P75 (based on year/body style)

Here's a good link for ECU identifying http://www.hondata.com/techecuid.html

11. D16SiHatch

D16SiHatch New Member

90-91 b18a1 has the obd0 pr4, 92-93 b18a1 has the obd1 pr4, and 94-95 b18b1 has the p75

12. bluejcivic

bluejcivic New Member

for the auto to standard conversion, i used the long tranny bolts with large nuts under the mount to space it properly above the transmission, works great and its an easy fix.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted