b18b into civic ex HELP!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

im swapping in a b18b into my 93 civic ex coupe, ive got everything down exept for one thing. im having trouble finding info on what to do about the wiring harness. does anybody know anything or can point me in the right direction?

ive got the complete integra at my disposal and ive already taken the int. and ive got wheels of an 03 si powdercoated black. the car looks good so im just in need of making it alot better under the hood, i know what im doing meaning i used to work at a local honda dealership and ive got the equipment, but i just cant find info and everyone i ask has never done it.

PLEASE help

ive already found info on the ps, and ac. and also the motor mounts and thats all good to go.

Remove motor from Integra with engine harness on it, and install motor in you Civic with motor harness on it still, plug in harness.

IOn other words, use the Integras engine harness.

you can use either. the ex will have an extra plug for vtec that won't be used.

If the harnes is actually still on the motor, then your fucking lucky cause all you have to do it drop it in.

so there is no cutting or splicing that i have to do? its a complete bolt in/ plug in swap? the motor is being pulled asap, im just collecting all my information before i screw anything up.

which would be easier??? and yet just as good

easiest would be if the harness is already attached. Then you don't have to plug everything in.

It's as simple as putting it in and plugging everything up. Only thing you may need to extend is the o2 sensor wire(s).

And yes its a complete bolt in.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Apr 26 2005, 11:13 PM
easiest would be if the harness is already attached. Then you don't have to plug everything in.

It's as simple as putting it in and plugging everything up. Only thing you may need to extend is the o2 sensor wire(s).

And yes its a complete bolt in.
[post=491733]Quoted post[/post]​

He would be good on the o2 wires, since he would be using the LS harness which already has the o2 where it needs to be :)

ok then, lets see if i got it

for the ls wiring harness: i do NOT unplug everything, i unattach the harness from the teg and do the same to my civic (to make it easier) and then just reattach it to the civic???

that would be very easy and nice

OH another question, there are spoon chips for the ecu on ebay and the no so fun part would be sodering it and/or attaching it to the stock ecu w/o frying it. my dad does that type (electrial) all the time, would it be a good idea to just let him have a go, or do you think its not worth it??? i just thought it would be nice for it to advance everything and to increase my redline to 8200 like my old gs-r

it would be pointless to rev an LS to 8200.
Those chips on Ebay are garbage. Every engine is different. If you're thinking about tuning it, then Uberdata is the way to go.

Unplug the canon plugs on the harness from the SHOCK TOWERS from both cars. I think it's 4 plugs on the passenger side and 3 for the Driver side, pull the engine/trans's. Then reconnect the LS's harness into your EX's shock tower canon plugs after you've mounted the engine. Connect the fuel lines and then vacuum hoses.

ok sounds simple enough, ive pulled many tranny's from honda's but ive never actually swapped a motor into a different car, thanks for the help. its very much appritiated.

oh, and thanks for the ecu help, i was just curious, sounded nice. but i know w/o vtec it doesnt do much top end. just miss the redline, now its back down to 6800. for cheap (real cheap) im thinking about just put a short-ram under the hood, it wont add power, but its sounds good due to the car not having exhaust or any other body mods besides black wheels and jdm corners, im trying to go the sleeper route. and when i can afford it , i want the apexi worldsport 2 exhaust. im on my 6th honda and im sick of the loud can.

do make power after 6200 rpm...........not worth revvin any higher than that

:huh:

what he means to say is that power drops off substantially on a stock motor, so revving super high only increases the likelyhood of damage to your motor, but does not mean your horsepower curve is still on the way up

good point, thanks for the pointers and the help
ive owned 3 accords , 1 ls and a gs-r and this is my first civic hybrid so all the tips are very useful and i plan to use this site quite often.

thats what i thought, i though 1988-2005 were all 4X100mm cuz ive got a set of 2003 si wheels powder-coated black and tires that im putting on, and someone told me that the 5th gens were 4X114mm, but i had a feeling that there we NOT that.

just thought i would check before id find out they wouldnt.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't he be getting a CEL? If he has a Civic EX, (P28 ecu), won't it be looking for Vtec? and when it's not found, won't it throw a code?:shrug2:

If I'm right, you'll need the OBD 1 integra LS ecu also. :)

Back