b18b into ek missing/low idle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

04yamaha

got a 98 ek first bought a b18c had it all wired fired it up and what do you know its got a spun rod bearing. so i took that out and put in a 2000b18b im using a p75 ecu. d16 harness. the iacv is a two wire. i repinned the iacv already. things i have to do yet is run ground wire from head to body,weld a bung and install primary o2 sensor. get throttle cable bolted on. ok so heres the problem it will fire up for a second then die give it throttle it will run you just have to keep giving it gas. it will idle when its warmed up but its real low like 300rpm. im getting both o2 codes but i know thats cuz they arnt plugged in ot installed and im getting iacv code. also when it is running it misses but its not missing at a specific cylinder. my questions are. do i have to change any wiring from the b18c to b18b?.. would that ground i need to put on make any difference?.. could it be missing cuz i dont have an o2 installed.? pls help been trying to get this beast going for my buddy for a whiole now he got screwed on his b18c so we are trying to get this 18b going for the mean time

You wired the 2P IACV and still getting the code?
I would imagine that it would be caused by the missing oxygen sensors since that is a major component that the ecu uses to see if its running at its stoichiometric ratio. Without functioning IACV and O2 sensors you force the computer into limp mode right??

Also im not sure about the ground cable on the valve cover. Iv'e seen people with or without them. Thats a good question maybe somebody that knows can chime in on about.

But when you don't have continuity in a circuit this can also cause problems, Im just not sure what is being grounded off of the valve cover.

You shouldn't be getting an IACV code if the 3>2 wire conversion was done properly. Try cleaning the screen on the IACV.

Also, you'll need to get that o2 sensor installed ASAP. That is likely part of your problem.

The ground on the valve cover needs to be there.

Back