B18B issue in 2000 EM1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VVTLIGuy

Ok, so long story short I got a 00' EM1 from a complete moron that replaced the B16a2 in the car with a b18b. I belive it is a OBD2 from the valve cover and going off what the seller said. Problem is he left the factory B16 ECU in the car so over 4k RPM it bogs and runs like shit, so I have been keeping low and slow for the time being. I picked up a p75 local from a guy but 1 of th plugs doesnt match up at all. 2 of them are perfect but 1 os slightly too long for the ECU. If anyone has any help on this it would be great. Dont know if I need to go cut a plug from a wrecked Integra and rewire mine or what. Thanks in advance guys!

yeah it would be easier to get a obd2 to obd1 jumper I picked one up for 35 buck on ebay.

No P75 is OBD1 OBD2a and OBD2b. You got the wrong ecu. The motor must be OBD2 or some the plugs would not mach up to the motor and harness. Figure out what OBD your car is. Since it had a B16a2 in it then I am guessing it was a 99-00 Si. If so then it will be OBD2b and you need a 99-01 P75 ecu for a 5speed. You will also have to go to a Honda dealer to have the security system in the ecu reprogrammed for your car.

Back