B18B o2 sensor problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondaz16

Hey I need help I have a 97 civic 2 dr I am swapping a B18b1 into it from a 97 LS.
I have the engine wiring harness (disconected at the firewall), I know it needs 2 o2 sensors but I can only find 1 plug on the engine harness do I need another harness?

the ls motor on the wiring the second o2 sensor is on the interior harness. so use your stock civic harness. what trim civic is it?

Ok I looked at the plugs on my stock harness the first o2 plug is all big nothing like the sensor on the integra, the second looks just like the one for the integra....I don't get it.....

do you have a five wire or a four wire O2 sensor? that could explain the size difference also you are going to have to use your stock harness anyway because 97 civics don't have the cannon plug like the teg does so you are going to use your stock sensors anyway hope that helps

well regaurdless you are going to need to use you civic wiring harness and you are going to have to use you civic o2 sensors just make sure you wire it all up right ;)

Hey thanks alot for the help!!
One more question Can I use all the mount brackets I got on the integra.
I know that I will need the 99 si bracket for the driver side though

I did the same swap.. here's the diff. The "HX" chassis has a 5 or 7 wire primary 02 sensor, and lacks a secondary 02 sensor. I tried to rewire the "HX" engine harness.. but spent way to much time and couldn't get it to work.

Here is the simple way to complete your wiring issue. Purchase a 96' Civic "DX" engine harness, it has the plugs for both Primary and secondary 02 sensors. Your 97' LS computer will fit along with all your other conections. It will save you a ton of time.

You might want to double check the Dist. wiring plugs, they might need changed. I'm not sure what plugs were on mine from the start.

The harness on my "HX" has a primary and secondary o2 plug already....So all the other sensors should be plug and play right?

Back