1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b18b obd2 to obd1 95 civic

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by spoonnation, May 12, 2010.

1. spoonnation

spoonnation New Member

so i have a 95 civic coupe that last year i had a ZC Vtec Turbo in. i spun bearings last year and decide to put a b18b in this year. i got a b18b that was obd2. so i put it in and wired the distributor and fuel rail to the obd2 parts. i unwired my resistor box since im using stock injectors for now, i figured i'd run it with no turbo for a couple weeks, get all the bugs out of the new engine.so im running it on a obd1 computer. i start it up and it bearly runs, it stalls out and wont take any throttle. i checked the timing on the engine, all the marks line up. it will only bearly run with the distrbutor all the way back. i tried switching the map and tps sensor connectors around thinking i mixed them up but no difference no matter witch way i put them. i;m no sure what to do, bad computer/distrbutor/sensor???

2. bluejcivic

bluejcivic New Member

check the connections at the back of the intake, see if they are switched around

3. spoonnation

spoonnation New Member

as i said i tried switching the sensor connection on the throttle body but it didn't make a difference either way it ran the same. and i only have the one for idle control on the intake, the iat is in the intake tube on the new engine not the intake manifold

4. spoonnation

spoonnation New Member

so i changed back to an obd1 distrbutor and all is well, look through the forms i found 2 different wiring diagrams for running an obd2 distrbutor on obd1 wiring, apparently the one i used was wrong, it had my tdc sensor and cylinder postion criss-crossed. owell all is well now

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted